Vintage SKS Pewter Pilsner Cup - Made in West Germany
Pewter has long been valued for both its durability and its artistic potential – It’s a tough alloy that resists tarnishing, yet is still malleable enough to mold into exquisite designs. This beautiful tulip-style pewter pilsner cup depicts three lively scenes of people drinking, dancing and socializing, in a charming country setting with trees, farm animals, and a pond with ducks.
This piece was made by SKS Designs, probably in the 1960s or 1970s, from an alloy containing 95% tin, considered to be a high standard for pewter. Still, with age, there are some minor tarnish spots - please see the pictures for examples.
- Tulip style pilsner cup
- 6 5/8 inches high, 2 1/2 inches in diameter across the bottom, and 2 1/8 inches across the top
- Three scenes along with a decorative pattern around the base
- Stamped on the bottom with "SKS ZINN 95%", and "Made in W. Germany"
- Vintage item, probably from the 1960s or 1970s
- Minor tarnishing from age, but otherwise in terrific condition